Storyboard Project update: Challenge No.1
So far I have have had undertaking from three people to illustrate stories for me!
One of these is from the Design Social – a project by designer Andrea Eaton to do a different design brief each week for the whole of 2010. What a positive project to develop new skills. Thanks for agreeing to do a storyboard for us (-:
So how to begin. Over the next week or so I hope to get the website for this project up and working. But I though I’d start by setting an intial challenge which anyone can submit story ideas for (I’ve avoided the most basic set satp as I thought this might be a challenge to far as a first off – but watch this space (-:). Once we have a few good candidate stories I will set them as challenges for illustrators/photographers. It can also work the other way … submit a sequence of pictures and we will create stories for them! My sons and I have already created a set of photos which I will be posting shortly!
Challenge 1. Come up with stories based on the first and second set of intial sounds (UK government – Letters and Sounds).
- Ideally 6-8 pages with a description of possible picture ideas.
- The sounds are: s a t p i n m & d .
- All the words must be decodable and have a maximum of three letters (e.g. constonant-vowel-constant).
- You also can make minimal use of the five tricky words: the, I, go, to , no.
- Avoid repetition (as this encourages guessing)
- The document below lists all the possible decodable words for this level – you can also make use of nonsense words e.g. Pid could be the name of a character.